Tips & Tricks for handling tinted flowers
How to handle tinted flowers and roses.
Using dyed flowers in your arrangement is an opportunity for a whole new level of creativity! Some event themes call for flower colors that cannot be found in nature. Tinted flowers are perfectly suitable to shake things up and to let your imagination run wild through the most beautiful colors that you can imagine.
The general handling process of tinted flowers or roses is just about the same as a standard flower or rose but there are a few things that you should keep in mind.
Here are some tips & tricks that you should know to get the most out of your flowers & arrangement!
- Keep the tinted roses and flowers in their own separate bucket of water. The stem dye changes that watercolor and could therefore affect the other flowers in the bucket.
- Since the water inside the container will most likely change color, you might want to choose a container that isn't clear.
- Tinted roses last typically way longer than a standard rose. The petals on tinted roses will not turn transparent or mold as quickly as a regular rose.
- if the leaves become wet, the dye could seep through so be careful with your clothes when handling and processing the flowers. Advise your customers when they are purchasing so they can be sure to avoid this also.
- Florists & designers will often use picks in bouquets or arrangements for holidays such as Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, or St. Patrick's Day. Make sure that these are made of treated wood or plastic in order to avoid fungal bacterial growth in the vases.
Tip: Be very careful to avoid using tinted roses or flowers at a wedding. As the tint could sometimes bleed onto the bride's white dress.
iBuyflowers has an extensive tinted roses wholesale assortment available, only from premium growers.
Will founded iBuyFlowers.com in September 2016. His dad was a lily grower in The Netherlands, so he has been surrounded by flowers for as long as he can remember. Will: "My mission is to facilitate the florist shops, wedding & event planners with only 100% Farm Fresh Flowers direct from our 40+ farms. We proudly now serve over 1000+ US florists, wedding and event planners!"